Elementary Program - 5 to 9 years
As a continuation of a child's pre-school Montessori education - or as a 1st grader embarking on their first Montessori experience, we are equipped to help your child excel. Our Elementary curriculum is comprised of five core disciplines - Language, Math, Geometry, Cultural Subjects, and Artistic Education. In addition to the five core disciplines, we offer studies in enhanced subject to give our students a very well rounded education such as Piano, Technology, Strategy, and Physical Education.
- LANGUAGE - The Study of Reading, Writing, Sentence Building, Study of Words, Grammar Analysis, Composition and Elements of the Sentence.
- MATH - The Study of the Decimal System, four Basic Operations, Prime Numbers, Operations with Fractions, Study of Powers, Divisibility, Memorization of Mathematical Facts, Introduction to Algebra and Integers. The Metric System, Preparation for Square Root, etc.
- GEOMETRY - Plane figures, Perimeters, Study of Areas, Equivalences, Study of Lines, Angles, Study of Polygons, Study of Solids, Study of the Circle and its Lines.
- CULTURAL SUBJECTS - Study of the Capitals and Countries of the world, Study of Flags, Land Forms, Classification of Plant Kingdom, classification of Animal Kingdom, Time Line of Life, History of the Earth, Human History and Civilizations. Lecture.
- ARTISTIC EDUCATION - Activities related to Painting, Drawing, Tracing, Music Appreciation and Education with the Montessori Bells are incorporated into the environment during the school year and events.
- PIANO - Included with our standard curriculum are piano lessons for every student.
- TECHNOLOGY - We will expose children to current and relevant modern technology for research and reinforcement of classroom lessons.
- STRATEGY - Students are exposed to critical and strategic thinking by being taught games like Chess and similar activities.
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION - As a continuation of gross and fine motor skill development (along with the health benefits), students will participate in physical education programs throughout the year.